Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today reinforced my belief....

That everything happens for a reason and happens at the right time.


I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I have been wishing on 11:11 for some time now and I wish for the same thing every time. It has not come true yet, but sometimes I will stray from the same wish. If I catch 11:11 twice in the same day, sometimes I will wish another wish. Sometimes that one comes true. So far my main wish hasn't. It discourages my belief in the fact that everything happens for a reason and that wishes really do come true.

Ever since I was a senior in high school I have went on a Spring Break trip. This year I didn't want it to be any different. I knew that it was going to be a family trip, but I just didn't know where to. I am a planner and I want things planned out and on an agenda before it is too late. The time was dwindling away and I still didn't know where we were going. I would talk to my mom and she would talk to my brother, but nothing would get accomplished. Finally last night I was on the phone with her, after having a horrid couple of weeks I took it out on her. I felt terrible that my emotions got in the way and she was the one at the end of the line waiting on that train to come in. I was starting to think we had waited too late and there was no hope in a trip this year. Little did I know that everything was fixing to fall in place and I would be ecstatic about the trip that was fixing to be planned.

My mom just bought herself a 2008 Ford Escape and the wheels are ready to go. It is her first car that is almost brand new and I am so blessed and happy for her! After debating a trip to Cozumel, Anna Maria Island, Miami and New Orleans, we decided on Hilton Head Island. We have never been there before and my mom clearly stated, "Let's go somewhere we have never been before." My answer to that was a clear cut OK! I looked online as we were on the phone and saw an oceanside hotel for $98 a night. That was an amazing deal compared to a cruise and $200 a night for a Florida getaway. Not only was it cheap but we are finally getting to experience the Atlantic Ocean and getting to see lighthouses! This is just one of the perks of going Northeast!

My friend Matt had told me that day that his family was going there for Spring Break and that he was so jealous because that was the most beautiful place he had ever been. I knew that this trip was destiny. I quickly started rolling over in my head who I wanted to go since my best friends were out of the picture. We were all headed our separate ways this year. So, I came up with an extraordinary plan. I was going to take my nephew, Kameron with us! I started digging through files online to find their Spring Break week and came up with no answers. I called my sister today and BINGO it is the same week. Looks like Kameron, Justin, Momma and me are on our way in two weeks.

Not only are we on our way, but my cousin Tabi and her family also booked reservations for this place the same week! Tell me that is not destiny! Well, she lives in Savannah, Ga., now and that is "just across the river" from Hilton Head Island and Tabi said we are more than welcome to stay with her after the trip for the BIG St. Patrick's Day festivities Savannah has each year. We will see how that goes because not only do I get to go home and see momma and daddy, but I get to go to a John Michael Montgomery concert for free! To put the strawberries on top of the cheesecake, I may get to see One Republic to wrap up my Spring Break week. If this is not destiny, what is? After a few weeks of feeling offbeat and lacking something, I get reinforced that everything will be OK. Things happen with time and time will tell the best story in the end.

While I am lying here on my balcony waiting for the severe weather and thunderstorms to roll in I get to think about how blessed and lucky I am to do such a thing and get to spend an amazing week with people I love. I am such a blessed woman to have family that supports me, a God that loves me and friends that have my back. Like the clouds that pass above my head, adventures come and go and so do people but the memories are what last a lifetime. I am ecstatic to make another wonderful memory in a few weeks.

I do not want to stop writing just yet, but I think it is about time for me to venture into my room and gather my belongings for the day ahead of me. I have an awesome interview with an amazing internship coordinator tomorrow. If all goes well I can land a position as a missionary working in Tahoe, Calif., next spring. I will work with children aged 3-4 and spread the word of God which I need so desperately in my life. I have been wanting to strengthen my faith and further my knowledge of Christ and what better way than to help others learn also. Cross our fingers and pray it goes well. I don't know how to prepare for what is coming on this interview, but I am not worried. It will all be well and with time it will work out for the best.


Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. 
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 




Jennifer Nicole Gorham
February 24, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...