Saturday, March 15, 2014

Plus Size Weightloss

After having a colder-than-normal winter and having a little too much holiday candy I couldn't wait to OFFICIALLY start my walking and jogging routine again. Since spring has made its appearance I am back in the swing of things.

This week's hiatus has been due to a lot of mileage under my belt, a scavenger hunt and a retreat. The last two in which I helped create and implement; therefore, it has been an extremely busy week with a lot of physical activity!

In three days I managed to log over 17 miles and burn over 3,000 calories with Map My Run. For those who aren't aware, a pound is the equivalent of 3,500 calories. I only logged Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's workouts and didn't log Thursday's. I burned around 500 calories on Thursday and managed 2 miles. I have burned over 3,500 calories, and sure enough, I weighed myself and I am down a couple of pounds. A few of those pounds probably are accounted for in water weight, but I have lost one pound purely from walking.

It feels good to be back to my routine and feeling better than ever! Remember to take the time to walk that extra mile because it does payoff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...