Thursday, May 15, 2014

Why Wear Sunscreen

With the summer months rearing their head, please remember to soak in sunblock before you soak up the sun. I was reminded of this the other day as I was traveling home and the sun was shining brightly in my eyes. I was stuck in traffic and I am very pale so I tend to get red just on my commute home, but as I sat in traffic I watched the joggers on the sidewalk and took note of something surprising.

I saw a lady jogging while pushing her child in a jogging stroller. They were headed into the sun. The stroller did have a canopy, but the kid's legs were not covered and I noticed that his legs were beet red. I just thought to myself I really hoped she had put sunblock on that child.

As adults, we don't think about applying sunblock that often before we venture outside, but we should because melanoma statistics are shocking. I am working on a future post that will allow you to download a PDF file of some statistics and tips for staying safe in the sun, but for now please remember to protect your skin and your children's skin!




Coming Soon!

Look for this downloadable PDF coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...