Monday, August 13, 2012

Where in the world is Jennifer?




So here we go..

I have been absent but with good reasoning! I graduated from UA, got a job and will be moving out of state, lost 58+ pounds and still losing and will be blogging more (especially about healthy choices)!

First things first..

I graduated!!!! I finally graduated with two degrees Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism and Human Development: Family Studies).


















----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snagged a job in Charleston, SC. I am right around the corner from beginning that job. I don't want to reveal too much about that.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I have reached the point in my life where I am serious about getting healthier, losing weight, eating better and living longer! I started my weight-loss journey on January 10, 2012. I started by watching what I ate. I made smarter choices and a couple of weeks later I discovered an amazing app for my iPhone called LoseIt. This has been a God send. It is a food tracker that allows the user to put their current weight and goal weight to calculate how many calories they can intake and how long it will take to reach your goal weight. It also allows the user to update their weight, input exercise and even scan items into the system. 
I recommend this app to everyone trying to lose weight or just maintain a healthy weight. I realized, as soon as I started using LoseIt, that I was drastically overeating and definitely not exercising near enough. 

So, I used LoseIt for a month before I discovered Nike+ (thanks to my roommate Hallie). This has been another amazing product. Nike+ is an app that comes with your iPhone. It corresponds to newer Nike shoes that are equipped for the Nike+ sensor. If you have a pair of shoes that are equipped, buy the sensor and get active! I do a daily workout consisting of me jogging/walking off 1,000+ calories and around 4+ miles. Pairing this app with the LoseIt app has worked wonders for my life. 



With all of this combined I have lost 58+ pounds! I feel better and look better. I am healthier and happier! 







So look for me to be posting more, especially about weightloss, health and happiness! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...