Friday, February 28, 2014

Why You Should Have Date Nights

When the week gets hectic and we are tired when we finally make it home each night, we just want to eat dinner and cuddle up until we fall asleep. The days make the weeks seem to drag by, but we can always count on Friday night dinners. I stay strict to my calorie counting and I exercise daily during the week, but when it comes Friday Night I am ready for our dinner out.



Even though Nick and I don't have kids, we don't live a very stressful and jam packed life, we are both home for dinner together and we go to bed at the same time, but we still have date nights. Although we are young and we aren't even married, living together and spending a lot of our time together gives us a taste of what it would be like to be married.

That's why, at any age, I believe date nights are so imperative. If only to have something to look forward to during the hours that creep by at the office, whether it be a way for you and your special someone to reconnect after a long week, whether it be that you just like to spend money or be social, date nights are where it is at.

Nick and I prefer this great Chinese buffet just a few miles from our apartment. It has a fully sushi bar and a wide selection of American and Americanized(Chinese) food; so good. I promise those ladies will know our names within the next few weeks. Within the last month we've decided this place. We've always had our favorite restaurants to dine at around Charleston, but we've finally found that one we don't mind visiting each Friday night.

Don't get me wrong, Nick and I spend a lot of time doing cutesy things. We watch movies each night, we cook dinner together, we shop together, we vacation together but our Friday night dinners are a highlight of my week because I know when I get home from work we will both be ready to chomp down on some great food all while sharing stories and talking until the waitress pretty much kicks us out the restaurant.
He gives me the honey glows; my date night brown bear! 


I encourage you to take the time and have a date night with your significant other because it is good for the heart, but it is good for the stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...