Saturday, April 12, 2014

Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownie

Healthy Mint Chocolate Strawberry Covered Brownie

As most of you know I have a sweet tooth, but I try to stay on the healthier side of the dessert spectrum. In honor of the Strawberry Festival Nick and I are going to at Boone Hall Plantation today, I made the following dish. I first got the idea from one of my favorite food blogs Jelli Bean Journals

With this recipe I simply made healthier brownies (from a box) and added a healthy chocolate covered strawberry to the top.

A) Did you know you can make your own hard shell chocolate sauce with two ingredients?
B) Did you know you can substitute oil and eggs for an avocado and water in brownies?

Well, check my recipe below to get the dish!




Brownie Recipe

Box of brownie mix
Avocado
1/3 cup of water

1. Pour brownie mix into mixing bowl.
2. Smash one avocado into the mix.
3. Add 1/3 cup of water and stir with spoon about 50 times.
4. Bake brownies as directed on box.


Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Strawberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
dash of mint extract (optional)

1. Pour coconut oil into bowl
2. Dump coco into the oil
3. Splash some mint extract in the mix
4. Mix all ingredients
5. Wash strawberries and place on plate
6. Drizzle chocolate sauce on strawberries
7. Place strawberries in freezer for 10-15 minutes
8. Place on top of your brownie

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving these healthy recipes!! I recently made chocolate cookies with avocado and I really liked them - I am definitely going to try these brownies! Thanks so much for sharing on Saturday Night Fever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...