Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

I was reading the Food Babe's article regarding homemade coconut milk ice cream and tailored it to my own specifications. Since I don't have an ice cream machine, I would suggest to stick to her technique since she uses a machine and the end product would be better.

If you're looking for a big spoonful of mint chocolate chip ice cream such as Breyer's then this might not be what you're looking for, or at least my recipe isn't. I altered the chocolate ingredients and the preparation process.

Cons of my ice cream recipe vs. the original recipe:
1. My ice cream texture was that of homemade snow cream (if you've had that before).
2. I suggest using more mint extract than either of us mentioned. I like my ice cream to have a kick and this tasted a lot like the coconut milk as opposed to mint chocolate; although, it did taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
3. Use sweetened chocolate as she mentions, instead of my unsweetened cocoa and coconut milk alternative.




Please remember the nutritional content of my ice cream is exactly that, the recipe I used. Although the ice cream suffices, next time I will be using sweetened chocolate instead of unsweetened and dropping more mint extract into the mix! 

If you'd like the original recipe simply visit the Food Babe's article! She has a great explanation for why you should eat homemade ice cream instead of frozen yogurt from large chains!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...