Tuesday, June 2, 2015

21 Day Fix Cheesecake

Cheesecake is one of my absolute favorite desserts but I always eat a slice and want another, and another, and another which leads to a disaster if I don't have my self control in check that day. But since I have been on the 21 Day Fix I stumbled across a recipe for a healthier alternative, if you can say that, to the regular counterpart. The amazing thing about this cheesecake recipe is that it tastes just like full sugar, full fat, rich and delicate cheesecake.
At first I was scared to see how many colored containers one slice had in it but then I was relieved to know that each slice is only equivalent to one red container. This is perfect for me because I am supposed to eat four red containers each day and I hardly make it to that four every day. Not only does this help me reach that four container mark but it allows me to have a nice dessert after dinner.
You can top this cheesecake with whatever you'd like but since I am on the 21 Day Fix I choose fresh fruit or if I haven't used my allotment of peanut butter for the day then I melt a little of it and drizzle on the top. It hardens as it touches the cold cheesecake and gives it an extra little something for peanut butter fiend like myself.
So enough of the fluff and more of the recipe!



Ingredients:
16 ounces low-fat or 1 percent cottage cheese
½ cup of plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
5 tablespoons of sugar (I used Stevia instead [1 tablespoon of sugar = ¼ teaspoon of Stevia])
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
  1. Dump cottage cheese and Greek yogurt in a blender and blend/liquify until smooth.
  1. Add egg, flour, vanilla and lemon juice and blend again until all smooth.
  2. Pour into a 9-inch round pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the top starts browning and pulling away from the sides. It should be jiggly to the touch but not runny.
  4. Let cool for a couple hours
  5. Transfer to fridge or freezer until chilled.
  6. Enjoy!

Servings:  6   |  Container Count: 1 Red per slice

Note: the picture above is not my actual cheesecake slice. I am waiting for my camera to arrive so I took it with my iPhone camera and the quality was poor. Below is the actual picture of my cheesecake. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...