Monday, January 25, 2016

Healthy Frozen Yogurt

I am generally good about keeping my dessert intake to a minimum during the week but I definitely have cravings. I can eat fruit and be happy but not satisfied. I need the rich and chocolatey dessert to feel satisfied. I can always count on my Greek yogurt and peanut butter mixture to keep those cravings at bay but sometimes I need chocolate and that's where this dessert comes into play.


Ingredients:
1 cup nonfat plain 0 percent Greek yogurt
3 teaspoons of coconut oil
3 teaspoons peanut butter
3-5 chocolate chip morsels 
honey 

Directions: 
1. Place yogurt in the freezer to slightly freeze a couple hours before you're ready to eat the dessert
2. Melt coconut oil, peanut butter and chocolate chip morsels in microwave once you're ready to eat. 
3. Stir completely to mix
4. Drizzle peanut butter mixture over yogurt
5. Place back in freezer for about five minutes to allow peanut butter mixture to harden
6. Take the dessert out and drizzle with honey 

Container Count:
1 red 
6 teaspoons 

P.S. I don't count the honey nor do I count the morsels since there isn't even enough to count. I also only use one type of Greek yogurt as well. I've tried almost all brands and this is my absolute favorite. I buy mine at Food Lion. It is cheaper than most and you get more for your money. You can view it HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...