Monday, January 16, 2017

Meal Prepping: Hardest part of a lifestyle change

The key to my weightloss success has to be within nutrition and meal prepping. Without prepping meals I am so quick to toss my workout aside and have lunch with Nick instead. Not only am I doubling my caloric intake most of the time but I am missing out on at least three miles of cardio too. Below you will see my Meal Prep for this week. 

**Note: I've broken my breakfast and snack down with the nutrients as well. I did this because I will keep my breakfast and snack the same throughout the week. My dinner is up in the air most of the time. I am picky when it comes to variety and can't stand the thought of not being able to go home and choose whatever I am feeling like that night. 



My snacks will vary week-to-week with a fruit/veggie and a protein. I like boiled eggs, carrots, peppers, hummus, apples and blueberries. I also like to incorporate 1/4 cup of oats with some peanut butter and cinnamon for a dessert-like treat.


My lunch will depend on my mood but these are the choices of the week. I have at least two meals of each (except the last meal). That meal is specifically for Nick. Last week I made jalapeño cumin chicken bites and he loved them so I decided to shred chicken with a dash of hot wing sauce and add the cumin and jalapeño to the rice. 

Three large chicken breasts supplied me with enough meat to make all of the chicken lunches while two cans of tuna supplied me with two lunches. 

All of these dishes are portioned using the 21 Day Fix containers so you can utilize those when making these lunches.

Enjoy,
Jennifer 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...